Wraggs Seafoods have always provided quality produce to the wholesalers and fish and chips shops of Leeds, however, we have branched out and now supply to hundreds of chippys throughout Yorkshire and the East Midlands.
We’re clearly aware of how popular fish and chips are throughout the UK and understand people have their preferences when it comes to the nation’s favourite take away. Ours has to be Frozen at Sea Cod or Haddock, with delicious chunky chips and a side of mushy peas. However, it has become apparent that a person’s fish and chip habits can indicate the region they come from in the country.
Having come across a quiz by online takeaway directory, Hungry House, which claims to be able to tell you where you live based on how you like your fish supper, we thought we’d fish a little deeper and here’s what we found out.
- Gravy is the sauce of choice to smother over chips for people in the North East and Yorkshire, but if you’re a shop in the Midlands, 73% of customers opt for curry sauce, so make sure you have that to offer.
- Two thirds of your customers will want you to add salt (65%) and vinegar (68%).
- Throughout the country, it was agreed by 70% of people, the only thing to have on the side is mushy peas.
- 70% of your customers prefer to eat their fish and chips out of the box / paper.
- The seaside is the preferred location of people from the North to enjoy the humble dish, followed by at home on the sofa.
So there you have it. Next time a new customer comes into your shop, amaze them with your knowledge by guessing where they come from by what they order.
To have a go at the quiz (and see if it can guess where you’re from) visit: http://hungryhouse.co.uk/blog/chippy-quiz/ and then tweet us your results @WraggsSeafoods